We are looking for a new colleague!
Position: Press, communication and cultural coordinator
Start: 1 October 2020 (the position is for one year, with possible extension for one more).
The Embassy of Hungary in Sweden is looking for a press, communication and cultural coordinator proficient in Swedish and English. Proficiency in Hungarian is an advantage. If you are experienced/interested in public affairs and international relations, and if you have a good knowledge of/interest for Swedish public and cultural life, you are the perfect candidate for this position. You will be responsible for (1) tracking Swedish media coverage in different fields (internal politics, relevant issues in bilateral, EU or international relations) and keeping contact with the media, preparing summaries in different topics; (2) participating in the public diplomacy work of the Embassy (communication, website, social media); (3) exploring new ways of cooperation in the field of culture and organizing cultural events, discussions, symposiums.
At our Embassy we have a strong team spirit, dynamic and positive atmosphere with a high level of professionalism promoting Hungarian- Swedish bilateral relations constructively. In this position, you will also be working closely with the Ambassador.
- In the field of press, communication and public diplomacy:
- track media coverage relevant to Embassy’s work;
- prepare press summaries with a focus on internal affairs, bilateral, EU or international relations;
- respond to queries by the media, handle the media database;
- provide public diplomacy for Embassy events;
- provide content for the Embassy’s website and social media.
- In the field of cultural management:
- explore new ways of bilateral cultural cooperation;
- work with Swedish partners in the cultural field, including NGOs, associations, think-tanks;
- coordinate events organised by the Embassy (cultural, business, press);
- participate at the event organised by the Embassy (cultural, business, press);
- follow the international cultural events in Sweden.
Education: College/university degree relevant to the job description
Language: Proficiency in Swedish and English, Hungarian is an advantage
Experience: If you are experienced/interested in public affairs, politics and international relations, and if you have a good knowledge of/experience in/interest for Swedish public and cultural life you are the perfect candidate for this position. Experience in communication, cultural management, cultural project coordination is an advantage.
- Interest for public affairs, politics, foreign policy, EU affairs, public diplomacy, cultural diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, dynamic and flexible attitude, creativity
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational capability
- Good IT skills
We offer a full time job for a person with Swedish personal number. Working hours from 8.30-16.30, however flexibility is required due to events organized by the Embassy. The Embassy is situated at Nobel Parken in Stockholm. After a three months long probation period, the job is for a one year period with possible extension of maximum one more year. The job is open from 1st October 2020.
To take advantage of this opportunity apply with a CV written in English including a photo and cover letter focusing on your motivation and experiences in the areas described in the job description by 25th August 2020. Please indicate also in your cover letter your monthly salary expectations.
In case of further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org